Starting Another 12-Week BFL Cycle

The onset of the new year brought on yet another attempt for me to try and get back to some semblance of shape. My goal for Twenty10 on the weight front isn’t to get completely buff by the end of the year — not that I wouldn’t accept it if I did — but rather to transform from my morbidly obese state to where I’m Hollywood fat, aka Seth Rogan fat.

You know, it’s the kind of fat where you can be cast as the fat guy in most movies and get the occasional romantic lead and be believable in it. Not the fat that I’m at right now where you might get cast in a football movie where you play some fat ass that’s obviously too short to play football but gets cast anyway cause he’s fat or you don’t get cast at all because it’s funnier to get some skinny guy in a fat suit to play the role. In other words, if this year goes as planned I will make the transformation from The Nutty Professor to Seth Rogan.

I started the year at 328.0 lbs and got down to 325.0 lbs after the first week despite a hiccup last Saturday where Brandon’s girlfriend cooked enough food for twenty people and Justice and I scarfed it all down by ourselves while watching the Bengals sadly lose to the much hated Jets. Much beer was also consumed at that time, so the 3 lb drop for the week was quite surprising. This week has been going well and I’m expecting another respectable drop in lard on Sunday’s weigh-in. And, as always, you can follow my progress here.

Comments

1. Bob says:

have you tried P90X? ive been using it and it really is awesome.

2. Dave Z says:

I actually have looked into it recently and really want to try it out, but am worried about my ability to perform all the workouts in my gym or apartment. Don’t really have a place where I can do the pull-ups and am not confident in my door frames standing up to my weight.

But, I do have all print outs and videos on my computer and it’s something I wanna try. Used to do a lot of Plyometrics back when I was working out for football so that shit is fun to me and I know how much it pushes you. I also love all the stuff P90X has that helps with flexibility and working out your core.

If you have any tips to get past my pull-up hindrance, please share…

3. TJAJ9 says:

Good luck with your goal, Z man! I’ve got a Philly Cheesesteak (or two) from Tony Luke’s, Pat’s or Geno’s with your name on it as a reward for your hard work anytime you’re up for it. ;)

4. Dave Z says:

Haha, yeah, I have to make a trip to Philly (and DE to visit the fam…) at some point this year… Hopefully by then I’ll be Seth Rogan fat and able to celebrate with a cheeseteak or two (wit wiz!). :)

5. Bob says:

I cant use a pull up bar either where i live. All you have to do is get some resistance bands (many different strengths available) and just hang them from something sturdy (you can also buy hooks for your door). They work pretty well, i have to get a stronger one though.

6. Dave Z says:

Thanks, will look into that.

• V2 Cigs electronic cigarettes - Break Free From The Pack!